Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Nursery Progress 5: curtains

So this was easy peasy. I wanted navy striped drapes to frame the existing roman shades on the windows and to close off the doorless closet. These are really intended to be more decorative than functional since we already have the shades on the windows, and I imagine the closet will be open most of the time.


Enter, these navy striped sheet sets from Target. These are available in solid colors, but I chose the navy pinstripe. Cheaper than buying the fabric, and already hemmed.

I simply split each flat sheet lengthwise and opened up the folded top edge to create a rod pocket. I hemmed along the split edge and done.

By hanging the new rods high enough, I avoided any need to hem.

Now, I need to figure out something to do with the fitted sheets and pillow cases. Each set came in a matching drawstring bag, which I expect to use in the diaper bag for little toys or soiled clothes or something purposeful. We shall see. But the extra yardage from the fitted sheets could make for crib sheets or changing covers or something else down the line.

Getting there!



No comments:

Post a Comment