Wednesday, September 28, 2011

family tree

yesterday, my mom told me that her cousin had traced our lineage to John Marshall AND Thomas Jefferson. that's pretty cool, right? the longest-standing chief justice and the 3rd US president...not too shabby. not to mention the writing of the Declaration of Independence. apparently cousin norma has documented it, unlike our long-standing family ruse that we're descendants of Betsy Ross. regardless, it probably explains a few things:
  • why i cry every time i hear Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" 
  • my bossiness -- Marshall Law & all
  • my sister's wordiness -- the Declaration of Independence author
  • my family's penchant for "opposition" -- John & Thomas often disagreed
who are some of your distant relatives?

No comments:

Post a Comment