We are really happy with our kitchen, to say the least.
It started ugly, but with a little inspiration like this...
...we went from drab to fab.
We didn't do too much in this room from a structural perspective except remove the peninsula. Knocking down the bulkheads helped to elevate the ceilings and open up the space all around. We removed the pantry and replaced it with floor-to-ceiling pantry cabinets for more functional storage.
Some of my favorites in this room:
- Dual fuel range - this sucker can turn out some yumminess in a jiffy
- Bench storage & window seat - perfect spot for coffee and family meals
- Open shelving - this is uber functional for us and we're surprisingly able to keep it tidy. We love the mix of old & new that this adds, too.
- Marble counters - we languished over this decision a good bit, and we're ultimately really happy with it. More on that coming in a future post.
- The openness - we originally planned to have a small island in the middle of the kitchen, but we nixed that after living in the space a while. We love being able to dance during dinner prep (neighbors must love watching us) and Burke can spread out his toys to really make quite a mess.
- Cabinets: Wellborn Shaker full overlay, glacier white
- Countertops: honed Carrara marble, more on that search here
- Shelves: Custom from reclaimed Douglas Fir
- Hardware: Signature Hardware and My Knobs
- Bench: Custom
- Paint colors: see here
- Lighting: Restoration Hardware (over sink) and Ballard Designs (over table)