for this trial, i used scrapbooking paper instead of fabric remnants. i also used some store-bought die-cut letters, grosgrain ribbon, and good ol' elmer's glue.
|[scrapbook sheets + 4" letters]|
first, i created a pattern triangle once i figured out the size + shape that would work for me. i basically folded the paper to get an even triangle and trimmed with scissors. since i didn't use double-sided paper, i needed the triangles to fold over the string for a double-sided appearance. next time, i'd use double-sided paper.
i cut out enough of these to accommodate the letters to spell the bride + groom names. once i had enough cut out, i spaced them along the ribbon. then, secured the front + back sides to the string with a bead of elmer's around each edge.
|[bead of glue along flag edges + ribbon]|
once dry, i used sticker dots to apply the die-cut letters.
i used the scraps to create a few miniature banners, too. i wasn't as concerned with these being double-sided, so i attached them to the ribbon with scotch tape instead of glue.
|[materials for small flag assembly]|
|[ribbon taped to back of small flag]|