Friday, January 20, 2012

a fab juicy deal

This weekend I stumbled upon a steal-of-a-deal at a local consignment store. I went in there to purge my urge to shop while not spending a fortune. I don't think I've ever found anything at that particular store, so I figured it was safe.

That morning, Cricket said "I really want a juicer" so he could make custom flavored sparkling water with his new Soda Stream he got for Christmas. I rolled my eyes at spending money, adding another appliance no the kitchen, and trying to find a place to store another likely-to-be-rarely-used gadget.

So, when I stumbled upon this baby for just $20, I was delighted! I adored the compact size (minimal storage space-taker, liked the substantial weight (necessary for adequate pressure), saw the previous Crate & Barrel tag (originally $50), and LOVED that it saved me an eventual trip to Target (where I'd never escape with just a juicer). SOLD!

Then...what do I see in my inbox from Fab.com? One of this week's flash sales is for MetroKane...my juicer!



Who knew it was so fancy?? It sold out FAST.

Apparently, it's won design awards and is even in museums. Cool.

It's no museum shelf, but it still looks pretty in the pantry.



No comments:

Post a Comment