when we moved our bedroom furniture around, it was the perfect time to give these guys some long overdue attention.
the Lowe's shopping list:
- quart of paint, matched to a chip from the busted backing
- panel of beadboard to match the existing backing
- 1x12" boards to make shelves
- ribbed trim to match the shelf-fronts
- brackets to mount the new shelves
once everything was dry, we put the shelves into place + replaced all of the accessories. it's amazing what a coat of paint does! the new shelves really help to anchor the fixture, and now the TV doesn't look so miniscule amidst the massive hutch. it's a much prettier site when you walk into the bedroom now, don't you agree?
|[there's a reason they call it scratch + dent]|
the makeover cost less than $100, bringing our total for the Ballard Design Tuscan shelves to about $850...still WAY below the $2,600 retail price tag [plus delivery]! woo hoo. i think i could give william shatner + his negotiator buddies a run for their money.