|[jonathan adler inspiration]|
|[urban outfitters inspiration]|
we measured the rug and created a template from a scrap of cardboard. i used the template to mark off the stripes, then taped the lines. i used the green frog tape based on some suggestions of other bloggers--thanks all!
determining the color was the hardest part. i finally settled on Ocean Blue acrylic from Anita's. i mixed with textile medium, according to the directions, to allow the acrylic to permanently adhere to fabric. it took about 10 tubes of paint, and 5 tubes of textile medium. since hobby lobby only seemed to carry 4 tubes at a time, this project took longer than it should have.
i used a foam brush, which probably wasn't the best. towards the end, i switched to a regular bristle brush and it allowed me to get into the crevices much easier.
stay tuned for the reveal of the guest room to see how she looks in her new home. of course, after Mabel (my sister's black lab mix) visits, this will likely look entirely different. good thing we have the dyson!
by request, i've provided the dimensions of my template. i had to fudge a little where the points meet in the rug's center, but as long as you make sure the centerpoints all are aligned, you'll be in good shape! i'd love to see your works of art, so please share the results!!